[Dailydrool] The World According to Norm - Christmas

Sandi Wittenberg sandi at redbaybassets.com
Wed Dec 24 16:19:15 PST 2008

It’s the night before Christmas and we are exhausted

Our home was invaded and we were accosted

The hustle, the bustle, the cooking and cleaning,

The talking, the laughing, the bad off-key singing.

The family came first, with babies and old folk

Who put antlers on us and laughed at the joke

They sat on our couches, squeezed into our chairs

Moved all our pillows, all covered with hairs

Pretty boxes and bags, I think they’re called gifts

Big ones and little ones, all got our best sniffs

The food smelled delicious, there was ham and some cheese

Lots of cookies and pies, we watched and said please

The grandkids collapsed and the family is gone

The piano is sticky from the kids’ Christmas song

The snow is now falling and the fire is roaring

It’s quiet again, except for Dad’s snoring

Cookie crumbs here, ham scraps down there

Candy cane pieces are stuck to the chair

Pie crusts and pickles, egg nog and crackers

Cheese balls and chips, peanuts for snackers

Bows on the lamp shades, paper on the floor,

Ribbon on the ceiling, drool on the door!

The house is a mess!  Mom’s not going to be happy!

We’ll help clean it up, while she’s taking a nappy.

So we sniff and we snuffle and check all around

Cleaning up food, ‘til there is none to be found

We shred up the paper and toss it airborne

As a festive décor for our Christmas morn

We licked and we shuffled, we checked every room

We cleaned up the mess without using a broom

Mom will be happy, she will be so glad!

If I say so myself – it doesn’t look bad!

It’s been a long day for those of us with low clearance

We’re waiting by the fire for the big guy’s appearance

But before we doze off and fall fast asleep

We wish you a Merry Christmas with lots of good treats.

Drools to ya!

Norm (and the rest of the Red Bay Gang)

Grady, Hoagie, Johnny & Opie

Sandi Wittenberg - Mom to the Red Bay Basset Boys