[Dailydrool] Kenneling bassets

Denise Jungling Djungling at charter.net
Sat Dec 27 11:08:39 PST 2008

I am wondering if anyone has advice on putting a basset in a kennel for
a couple of days. Usually we have  family member stay in the home but
that won't be possible this year. So we are thinking of leaving our
hound at a reputable kennel for three days/two nights. Do bassets
usually tolerate this well? I am worried that she will be nervous. She's
a real lover to people but does not like other dogs to approach her.
Fine when walking near other leashed dogs. Is a kennel too much for a
dog of this temperament?
Thanks!
Denise
Oh, she's about 4 yrs old and from a rescue.