[Dailydrool] town and country versus toyota

jacanny at aol.com jacanny at aol.com
Mon Dec 29 14:00:02 PST 2008

We rented the dodge version of the town and country for a weekend trip with the dogs.  The stow and go seats are really amazing and are absolutely flat and yet easy to get back up as seats.  We also looked at the Honda Odyssey and the Sienna.  Since we needed this to be a "BUV", I really wanted the ability to have totally flat flooring.  However, with our kids grown, a mini-van didn't make sense - and I'm still not ready for it.  My 19 year old daughter got in the rental and asked where her soccer cleats were.  My 23 year old wanted to know if he was late for practice.We ended up buying the Honda Element.  It is a car designed for dog owners.  It has the benefits of a mini-van with the two side doors open, yet it's got rubber flooring.  With the seats up, we have plenty of room for the old golden and 2 bassets.  You can actually hose out the back!  It doesn't have the passenger capacity of a mini-van, but it sure works for the dogs.  I have to say I was impressed with the Dodge/Chrysler mini-van for dog room.