[Dailydrool] vans and drool

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 29 17:03:49 PST 2008

First, we want to send heart healing drool to all of those humans who have recently lost their houndies.  It makes me cry every time I read of one leaving.  The DH thinks I'm nuts for getting upset over hounds I don't know.  May the happy memories soon overshadow the sad ones for all those who have recently lost a hound.

We received a note in the mail today from University of Illinois Vet. School saying that our vet had made a donation in Sunny's memory to help with research and such.  We were touched that the Vets would do this.  Sunny was such an old coot but she was our old coot and we still miss her.  I will have to be sure to thank the office for the donation.  Sunny will always be our basset angel with the crooked halo.

On the subject of minivans, we can't speak for the Toyota but we can give a thumbs up to Chrysler.  We don't have a Town and Country but have had two Grand Caravans and still have the second one.  We do use ours some for hound haulage and usually have the middle seat out.  I can say that the one we have now should win an award for durability.  It is 10 years old and still ticking.  Three teenage boys have learned to drive in it and have left their dents all over it.  We have told them they should autograph the marks.  It is indestructible (so far).  We moved to New York with three kids and two bassets in this van and back to Illinois again.  It has made numerous trips to New York since then as well.  The poor thing isn't pretty but it runs.

Right now the girls are all asnooze in the family room.  Marley is in the dadslave's lap purring, for lack of a better word, while he rubs her butt.  No one loves her like the dad.

Snooters and drool from the Southern Illinois girls with the mom