[Dailydrool] Basset Utility Vehicle

surferdogs at comcast.net surferdogs at comcast.net
Tue Dec 30 07:59:31 PST 2008

Several people have suggested the Honda Element. It seems that everyone who has one loves it. Unfortunately, for my crew, it won't work. I don't have everyone in the car often, but it is a varying combination of the 5 hounds (smallest 50 lb Pearl, largest 72lb Kahuna), the 175 lb Newf, the 160 lb St. Bernard, and the 120 lb Great Dane. That means I need lots of room....more than an Element can provide. Most people seem to love what they have, which doesn't help making a decision, but makes me feel that whatever I decide to pick will probably be just fine. I'm actually leaning toward the Toyota Sienna because I can get an AWD, and honestly, I like the looks of the dash/gauges better. Since I'll be looking at that every time I'm in the dang thing, I figure I want to like what I'm looking at. All other things seem to have pluses and minuses - The Sienna has stowable seats in the back row. I currently have the center seats out with the back bench as a barrier for stuff stored in the wa
y back. I suppose I can just as easily put the back down with a barrier for the center seats.

Anyway I appreciate all the input and am considering it all. It's great hearing about everyone's experiences! I'll go out and look at cars again this weekend and make a decision. That means I need to get the current BUV cleaned up, scrape the drool off and capture all the fur floating around, and replace the seats to see if they will at least take it off my hands if not give me credit for a trade in. AND get the snow tires off so I can use them on the new BUV - another reason to stick with the Toyota as I know the snow tires/rims will fit.

Happy, happy New Year to all with drool tossed to the four corners of the Earth for health, happiness and peace.

Synthia
Bud, Barney, Zuma, Kahuna, Pearl (We want to travel in style)
Ace the Newf (Mom says she needs a big car for my big butt)
Baja the Saint (my butt is smaller than yours!)
Maya the Great Dane (I need room to stretch my long legs - Betty Grable eat your heart out!)