[Dailydrool] BUV and nail clippers

Pat Wood patshoundies at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 30 09:27:18 PST 2008

I went looking for a van August 2007 to replace my Honda CRV which had 142,000 miles on it, and while still running well I needed more room to transport more hounds and upcoming need to put a scooter in a vehicle.

I narrowed my search down to the Chrysler Town & Country, and the Honda Odyssey after test driving a couple of other mini vans (including the Sienna).  I really really liked the stow and go seating in the Chrysler,  the area behind the driver's seat with the seats down was a bit smaller than the Honda. The Odyssey didn't have the stow and go middle seats (but the back seats are fold away), so I went to Consumer Reports and others for mechanical reliability.  The Chrysler T&C had way way low reliability ratings and mechanical deficiencies for several years models. The Odyssey was top rated for reliability and mechanical......however, Chrysler was about to introduce back in a lifetime warranty on those mechanical problems.....the next model year (2008?)...BY August, the "deals" were humongus on the Odyssey, and I could not find any such savings year end on the Town and Country, so, ended up with the Odyssey.  I have NOT regretted it! Gas mileage is extraordinary, especially on the road (took the van to PA for the Slobberfest, and constantly got 25 mph with the air on!)....there is lots of room for all the hounds in it, the side doors both open LOW - we don't even need a ramp or steps to get into it, and they love lots of room in the middle as well as sitting on the back bench type seat to look out the windows (which can't do with the Element)....there is just one thing...

I wish oh wish there was stow and go seating in the Odyssey - those middle seats are heavy and cumbersome to remove, and where do you PUT THEM?  I have gone to keeping the back end "open" until it is necessary to carry passengers of the human kind.....its a great car and I anticipate keeping it for years and years and years...it even carries 4 or 5 hounds "easily" and comfortable (not counting the front seat!)

but, with Chrysler's stow and go seating, and if they have the warranty now to repair those mechanical things, and the price comparative to the Odyssey - I think I would opt for the Chrysler Town & Country.......

The nail clippers mentioned by our across the pond droolers were shown in a segment on Good morning America by a vet....they have a sensitivity light in the clipper which can tell if you are "ok" to cut (green)  "caution"(yellow) and "STOP!" (you've got the quick - red).  He said they work "great", but they didn't demonstrate on national tv.  Might be worth looking into!