[Dailydrool] Kidneys and Toofers

balange balange at olemiss.edu
Tue Dec 30 16:50:03 PST 2008

Hiya eberybudy!
Iz Drake. Me MomP has a question for ya guys.

MomP here. I took Drake in today to have his teeth cleaned.
The vet said that he had two puppy teeth clinging to his jaw
(hes 2.5 years old) and they had to pull them. They cleaned
then up, and told me also that on his blood panel that one
of his kidney enzymes was slightly elevated. nothing to
worry about, but a little high. Said it might be from not
being able to have water since the day before. Supposed to
be high levels around 27, and his were 32, just a small blip
where it shouldnt be. Said they dont worry until it is 70 or
80. But I am worried as any good parent should be lol. After
the week I have had with these dogs, Im losing it.

My two labs attacked by the neighbors dog two days ago, and
it was the worst fight I have ever seen. After that I havent
been able to sleep because I am terrified of every bark. Its
crazy, Im just a bundle of nerves. My DH is only home for
about four more days, and I just dont know what to do with
these kids.

Then Ahroo-ba decided that since he has only seen DH once
before, he must be an intruder and should be humped into
submission. It has been unpleasant to say the least.

So anyway, should I worry about the kidney enzyme and what
could it mean? Will the cute little gap in Drakes teeth
close up now that those teeth were pulled, and how in the
world do I convince Ahroo-ba that DH belongs here, when he
is only how a few days every few months? And how do I can
these nerves after the attack? I cant move, and we live in
the county. Nothing we can do about the attack except kill
the dog if it comes in our yard again, and I dont think I am
strong enough to do that.

So all in all, Im cracking up, and my Drool family is so
wonderful at making the insanity more of a fun ride than a
trip off a cliff.

Bambi and da Boyz
Also, I am planning to get a pen/kennel whatever you want to
call it for the big boys in the next few weeks to avoid
another dogfight. Does anyone have any suggestions? The boys
are big and strong, around a 100 lbs, and can jump and
escape everything and anything. Ive seen one of them
maneuver out of a harness accurately fitted in less than ten
minutes. Haha, I think Im just going to teach him how to
drive and let him get a job.

Thanks in advance!!!!
Drool to All in need!!!