[Dailydrool] Basset Mix Needs Help

chris bly howl4basset at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 30 17:23:06 PST 2008

UNION THE BASSET/BEAGLE MIX PUPPY NEEDS OUR SUPPORT!!!!
PLEASE CROSSPOST/FORWARD!!!!

This is a sad story of Union the Basset mix puppy. From the best guess rescue thinks I was hit by a car, and then I was dumped over the fence of the Union, MO animal shelter, hence my adorable name, where I lay all weekend in the cold and suffering. By the time someone noticed me at the shelter the break in my leg was a few days old and needed immediate medical attention. The nice lady at the shelter called my current mom as the shelter does not have the means to support the medical care I desperately need. Once I got the once over by the vet, she said my break to my rear left leg is high up, near the hip joint but a clean break and she thinks they can save my leg. The nice vet lady put this splint on my leg that goes way up over my hip and holds my leg in one place. I am not suppose to move around very much, so Mom carries me too and from outside so I can go potty. I even have to have my leg wrapped in plastic so that my splint doesn't get wet and I
 politely just sit on her lap while she wraps and un-wraps the plastic. On top off all this crazy leg stuff, I caught a cold and now have to be on some antibiotics. They think I am around 6-7 months old, and right now I am weighing around 25 lbs, but I will get a tad bit bigger when I am full grown. Mom currently has me in my own special area in her home and I have never messed in my area and wait patiently for her to carry me. The vet thinks that if we can get my leg to heal I won't have any long term effects other than a slight limp in my back leg. I will have to be with Mom for 6 weeks, as I have to go back for weekly checks to the vet for check-ups and splint changes. I can't be adopted until I am medically cleared!! My vet bills are ever mounting. The initial cost for my care was $250.00. Then I go back every week for a $50.00 check up and if I have to have x-rays that add's an additional $50.00. Mom has been paying for this all due to rescue
 currently having a lack of funds.

Rescue has started a fundable page just for me ;0)   you can see it on the link below.
http://www.fundable.com/groupactions/groupaction.2008-12-30.7350081469

If you would like to send monetary donations please just send them directly to mom:
Cynthia Plackemeier
247 English Road
Foristell, MO 63348

WE WANT TO THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT AND GENEROSITY!!!