[Dailydrool] Barney

Kahuna and Friends surferdogs at comcast.net
Thu Jul 24 16:24:26 PDT 2008

Barney thanks everyone for the drool. His urinalysis was normal and he went
in for a recheck today. He still dribbled a bit of urine during the exam so
we did the ultrasound and his bladder was fine - no stones or tumors to be
found.

The vet hired a new associate who must have just started (new grad) and she
was observing today, so he had to tell her all the stories about me. Namely
my constant complaints about the $75 charge for IV starts and my threats to
start them at home and hep lock them before we come in. He went on to say he
charges the same for an ultrasound, which didn't seem right and maybe he
needed to raise the price for the US to balance things out. Then when we
went up to check out, he commented to the tech at the desk "Don't take no
for an answer..." We weren't sure what that was about, and she said "That
will be $25. Wait, that's just a recheck.." and she ran in back, confirming
that yes indeed, all he was charging was for the recheck. He is a good egg,
though he does get a substantial amount of my money routinely.

So Barney is doing well, will get his eye rechecked the first week of Sept
and possible steroid drops if it is still cloudy. He dribbles, (as opposed
to drools) but we are associating that with age. I'd put him in a belly band
 but Kahuna and Maya will just rip it off him. So, no real changes and all
is well for now. Baja has not had another seizure and Miss Maggie is going
strong and will have her 11th birthday in a month.

All is good with the Ross Clan.

Synthia with
Bud, Barney, Zuma, Doheny, Kahuna
Ace the Newfie
Saintly Miss Maggie & Baja
Maya the Great Dane

The man who regards his own life and that of his fellow creatures as meaningless is not merely unfortunate but almost disqualified for life. ~Albert Einstein