[Dailydrool] Catching up on Drools

dpmcquade at juno.com dpmcquade at juno.com
Thu Jul 24 15:46:55 PDT 2008

Just a couple of days in the hospital, and I'm already way behind on the Drool. But I wanted to let you know that Belvedere survived my hospital stay, even though he wouldn't eat from the time I left until I returned--nothing new, since he does that every time I leave for long.

Unfortunately, I did not get to stop the one medication I'd hoped to leave behind when I had this surgery. I have to stay on it for another month, while my heart heals. After that I hope I can wake up again (this stuff makes me incredibly tired--and cranky too).

The anesthesia is still making me quite dopey, but other than that, I'm fine.

Right now the hounds are complaining that I can't take them out. The doc refused to allow me to walk them at all for a week. Even picking up the cat is doubtful, since I'm limited to ten pounds of weight and he's probably just about that.

Not to worry, Drew's working from home for a week. Don't know how much he'll enjoy it by the end of the week, but the hounds seem to be cutting him some slack and not taking him out every half hour. That's more than they often do for me.
Pam, with Drew, food slave to the Dashing Bassets