[Dailydrool] Suzan and Daisy

rebecca stanton rebecca.stanton at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 1 01:19:33 PDT 2008

First of all, welcome to the Drool.  Its a fun place to be and we all enjoy hearing the antics of our bassets on a daily basis.
I think the thing to remember here is that a lot of the talk can be, at times, tongue in cheek too - sometimes we can be frustrated by their behaviour, so we vent it all out on the Drool and then realise that so many others go through the same, and this is totally normal!  But the difference is, unless its something harmful, we don't want to change them - bassets are stubborn, difficult, happy and sour, but are incredibly loving, and that is the essence of the basset!!  They are the funniest creatures ever.   I'm wondering if  you aren't having quite as much fun with your basset hound, as you mention she is your first 'and your last' basset, and again, I've got to say that part of owning a basset is loving all of their qualities - whether its being difficult, doing flat basset, counter cruising - whatever.  Yes, we could throw our bassets outside whenever they 'play up' - but that's not what we want to do, so we don't!  We actually like them being with
 us ALL the time ;-)
I hope you enjoy your time here with us and we send big hugs to Daisy.

Becky, Morse & Pumbaa ATB x