[Dailydrool] smart dogs

Taylor family jklmtaylor at verizon.net
Tue Jul 1 08:08:23 PDT 2008

Last week several of us saw the news post ranking bassets as one of the dumbest dogs. Here's my story about that- my basset and husband were playing with a soft squeeky ball. He'd roll it, she'd chase it then play tug or war to start all over. On one particular throw the ball went under the umbrella stand where she couldn't get it so she barked and barked and brought him to the spot and pointed with her muzzle so he could get the ball out for her and keep playing. Why bother trying to get it herself when someone else will do the hard work for her- is that smart or what??!! Lisa and the WV girls