[Dailydrool] elbow displesia

Diana Risher risher3 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 1 11:33:53 PDT 2008

Has anyone ever had a problem with elbow displesia (sp)?  I took my 6 month basset to the vet (one we have been going to for 18 years) and had him take xrays of Dixie.  She just started to limp and we wanted to check out what was going on.  We asked him about Pano, and he was familiar with it.  He took xrays, and said it looks like she has Pano, but also her elbow joint looks to be elbow displesia.  We had another basset that had the elbow displesia, and went thru the surgery.  She did well, but I want to know if there are others out there who have been thru this and what treatment if any, that they did.  Sure would appreciate hearing from you.
Diana
Charlie, Sierra, Dixie & Dach the dachshound