[Dailydrool] Apology from Daisy and Sue

Suzabells at aol.com Suzabells at aol.com
Tue Jul 1 12:13:25 PDT 2008

FOR DONNA MITCHELL.. the lady whose dogs are missing: i am sure  everyone on
this site hopes and prays your dogs come back somehow. i have read  about
their following their noses off into the wild yonder with nary a thought  as to
how to get home but this didnt seem to be the problem with your puppies
disappearing. they know the roads well, could hear your husband's harmonica
clearly.. i hope somehow you dont blame him for losing the dogs, this shouldnt  have
happened at all. my mind suspects a theft more than two of them wandering  off.
offer a reward in your paper, no questions asked, and see if  that  bait
helps. make it as substantial as you are able to do and then dont raise it.
better yet, maybe your local tv station would broadcast photos of the dogs, just
in case a neighbor suddenly has a couple of Bassets they didnt have before. i
truly pray you have found them by now, this is terrible for anyone of us. God
bless you.. sue and daisy

Dear Daily Drool readers..
i didnt realize how strong my letter was yesterday and i apologize if i
offended any of you. i just read that man's day with the Cocker Spanials and the
Bassets and was horrified at his description of his days. i cant take a whole
lot of chaos anymore, i am 67, my four children live close by me here and my
husband died  two years ago after 46 yrs of marriage.i was 18 when we got
married, 65 when he died. the cat..Muffin, is no company at all, i dont like
cats very well and i was lonely so i began to research the dogs i might want for
 myself.  it is the first time i bought a dog for me, named her and have her
without all the children being in the home, you know?

I am very happy with Daisy MOST of the time, which is a huge statement for  a
5 month old puppy of any breed. her needle teeth are gone now, they tore up
my  hands and arms and we struggled with biting for quite awhile. she has
stopped  that and we are working on jumping up on people now. i have to hurry and
make  her as compatible to humans as i can, i don;t know how long i will be
here and  she will probably go to my granddaughter (6 yrs old) after i am gone.
that idea  makes me spend alot of time teaching her manners and tricks. she is
adorable, i  have laughed so much since i got her, i wake up  very happy to
see her so  warm and cosy in her kennel and to let her out to see the bunnies,
quail, birds  and other wildlife out here in the mornings. she has had all her
shots, snake  vaccines, spaying, heart worm, flea protection... nails clipped
and she  gets  a bath once a week with shampoo from the vet. i dont want
anything  bad to happen to her so i keep her fenced, kenneled or leashed depending
on what  time of day it is. Again i am sorry if i sounded so heartless, i read
my own  post today and was shocked to see how must have sounded. one man
wrote and asked  why i had chosen a Basset to begin with. ? hahh! dont we all
wonder  sometime?  Sue/Colorado