[Dailydrool] Daisy and Lilly from Maine

Donna Mitchell dmitchell1065 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 16:23:38 PDT 2008

Hi Everyone,
I used to revel in the fact that I never got a lot of junk mail in my email
box.  This afternoon when I got home from work, when I logged in, I thought,
holy cow, the spammers have found me.  It brought tears to my eyes to see
about 50 kind and thoughtful messages from so many of you.  So many ideas -
and places to contact, and whew,,,,,so much drool!

I am sorry to report that as of 7:10pm EST, we still have no houndies in our
home.  We haven't given up though.  Each day we have is another
opportunity.  After all, as I was reading the drool today, I see that the
missing girl in the Sacremento area has been found after 10 days.  If a
houndie girl can be lost in a huge city like that, there is hope for my
doggies, who most likely are not going to have to dodge vehicles, and busy
streets, they are most likely on the abandend train tracks that are
"information highways" for animals.  The trains no longer run here, and
there is a lot of activity on those tracks as far as recreational things
(biking, hiking etc)

So, I am hoping my hounds are finding a bunny or squirrel (and that
hopefully they can catch the critter) for something to eat.  There are many
mill ponds and streams so thirst won't be a problem.

I have posters up, notified animal contol, my town has no police, but they
do have a volunteer fire department, my Vet knows, and has hooked my up with
people on both ends of the train tracks (so to speak).  I do have a couple
more animal rescue organizations that I plan to notify (ones I just found
out about) tonight via leaving messages on answering machines.  I also will
call tomorrow.

Someone mentioned that I send photos to the NEBHR in case they show up
there.

What am I forgetting?  Must be something!
Thank you all for your support, and I will keep you posted.

Donna and David (empty nesters-but not for long)
3 Kitties (who love sleeping in the doggie beds)