[Dailydrool] Shock collars

R Groves dd-post at thegroves.net
Wed Jul 2 15:34:56 PDT 2008

that's all *I* need to read and I start thinking of an early Simpsons'
episode where the family goes to visit dr. marvin acme ... all strapped to
electric chairs... 4 buttons in front of them ... and finally it was maggie?
I think.. who shocked them all at once.. :)

figured if they made collars that could be addressable.. or line of sight /
or straight path signaled, you could have remote bark deterrence ...

ie.. hound in corner .. you aim the remote that way, and only hounds within
a defined patterned area would be active .... first time, second time ..
maybe third.. you use a buzzer sound button, and then the forth you press
the "red" one for a shock.. problem of course is that radio waves dont'
really travel in cylindrical fashion in the direction you're pointing the
control... :)

-Robert