[Dailydrool] Daisey and Lilly - Pepcid and Depression

Carol V MacLeod macleod at tcnj.edu
Thu Jul 3 03:39:15 PDT 2008

Great news.....you made a lot of drools day by your good news!   What a
great idea your husband had!   I am just so happy for you.........When
your take your dogs on their run...do you off leash them?   My neighbor
does and wanted me to bring my dogs too...it is a huge field and I told
them I know if they saw a rabbit it would be then end....Honey has gotten
out of our yard once and that was enough to scare the you no what out of
me...she was found at the football field at the end of the road getting
belly rubs!

Pepcid....keep your basset on it!    Honey was told to take it after an
emergency visit to the hospital...they were not sure what was her
problem...a gastric disorder....we stopped giving it to her....5 mo later
back in she was and a lot of test were done...same thing...but we did get
her tested for food allergies and she does have a few of those, so with a
good diet and pepcid she is doing fine...she is 48 lbs and gets one
maximum strength 20mg each day before breakfast.....

Depression,  I was surprised to see on Honey's medical statement when we
brought her in the second time to the emergency room that they had down
depression.....so there could be an underlying problem that is upsetting
your basset...when I took Leroy to the basset fest on Sunday all of a
sudden he did not look like himself - looked depressed....he had all the
symptoms of Lyme's, but he just has a sore knee.....Honey and Leroy play
like alligators too....

Drools to all and thanks for the good news for the return of Daisey and
Lilly...great way to start the holiday weekend!