[Dailydrool] Carrots, special playtimes, poop-eating and drool - Oh my!

Mucci, Annette Annette.Mucci at Delmonte.com
Thu Jul 3 11:21:16 PDT 2008

All my dogs love carrots.  I never knew they could eat carrots until we got Schroeder and they said that bassets love carrots.  The 3 things my dogs come running for:  Peanut Butter Jar, Lettuce and Carrots.  I think I might have gotten them on watermelon this summer too, but I don't buy it as often as the prior three.

I do think that it is ok to have special time with individual pets.  Cassie sometimes goes through this because Maya and Schroeder play with each other constantly.  Schroeder tries to play with her but she doesn't like to play rough, so she will only play if it is on her terms.  That doesn't seem to work with Schroeder unless he is tired.  I do think they know when they are getting special bonding time and I get special snooters and hugs and kisses from then when it our playtime is done.

Schroeder is a poop eater - not his own - but the other two's poo.  However, only if it is fresh.  It is disgusting.  I caught him last Sunday night and he stunk so bad I had to give him some biscuits to try to get the stink out.  So gross.

Lastly, we are sending drool to Momdog Zelda.  Sounds like she is having a rough week.

Everyone have a very safe and happy 4th of July.

May all the houndies be safe from harm this weekend and no one get sick from eating any picnic food!

Love and Drool,
Annette, Schroeder, Maya & Cassie