[Dailydrool] happy/sad dogs

kaq1230 at comcast.net kaq1230 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 3 11:53:37 PDT 2008

Hello all,

I just finished reading an article on how to tell if your dog is happy or sad, and  the article said that a happy dog should sleep for only 8-10 hours out of 24.  Well, I have been home with the pooches for the last 5 months and the boys sleep A LOT more than the 8-10 hours....They get up at 4:30 (that's when I wake up) eat, get them leashed up and walked 1/2 hour to 1 hour depending on the weather and how well behaved they are, they then take a nap for about 4 hours wake up do the basset 500 for about an hour and then more naps with shorter 500's for the rest of the day.  The article also said that happy dogs don't exhibit destructive behaviors...is eating the throw rug and crate pads destructive, I thought they were just trying to redecorate!  Just a little poll on how much everyone else's dogs sleep?

Looking forward to hearing how much your dogs sleep
Karen Rosco Lemmy Stewie