[Dailydrool] TicTac's final resting place and opinions wanted

PM CLINE pmcline at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 3 20:10:43 PDT 2008

  Lainee,
  You did a great job and I know TicTac is so proud.

   I agree that creating a final resting place is very important. It really helped us  cope with our emotions after Popeye left us. We chose to place him outdoors  for his final place-he had a special spot under a tree where he loved to spend his "spare" time so that is where he lies permanently. We love that spot and we drop by to visit with him almost every day.  Our granddaughter Abbey (age 6) likes to visit him and talk to him. She made a special plaque (concrete) for him and decorated it with seashells and an inscription that she wrote herself.  It was a very positive way for her to deal with her first major loss of her life.

  We have a special meditational statuette there, a tiny bird feeder and a momento plaque with his collar embedded in it and a potted flower during the spring and summer. We love that spot and we take special pride in having given him a beautiful restful place.

  Now for my dilemma and I want everyone's opinions on this:

  When my mom saw Popeye's special  spot she  "told" me that when her chihuahua dies she wants us to bury her dog beside Popeye, sharing the same plot and statuette. I resent that and the fact that she is demanding me to do it. She actually expects us to dig right there just because she wants it. (Mom has always bullied me like that and then  she does guilt trips if she doesn't get her way.)  Now  I know she is my mom but that is a special place that we created out of love for our pet  and I don't want her dog there. Popeye didn't even like her dog and  I mean he REALLY disliked that dog. Besides, I don't want to disturb Popeye's resting place. I'm just  not going to ask my husband to dig around his special friend like that.

  I hate to be a "bad daughter" but when the time comes Mitzi can be buried in another part of the yard but just not right there.  I know mom is going to be mad. Am I wrong?  Should I rethink my decision? I value your honesty as a group and trust you all more than I trust my own feelings over this. (I haven't even told my husband about this demand, he gets upset with how she treats me anyway.)  Honest opinions please.

  Thanks for your help. Happy 4th of July to everyone, everywhere!
  Pam