[Dailydrool] Honest opinion.

sally king sally.king at nqe.com
Fri Jul 4 04:44:02 PDT 2008

Pam, you are right.
That spot is your special place created for your special pup. How dare your mother "insist" you disturb it for her dog.
Even if the dogs had been best friends (in which case you MIGHT have offered) she would be wrong to even ask, let alone insist.
>From the little you've said it appears your mother is a bully. Sorry, I know she's your mum, and if I've misread your words I apologise.
However much you love your mum, you must not allow her to push you into doing things you don't want to do. You may be her child, but you are an adult now - for heaven's sake, you are a grandma!
Stand up to her on this (and do it now, don't wait until the time when her sadness will make it harder for you) and you will find it easier to stand up to her on other matters.
Tell her "I'm sorry. I have been thinking about your request to bury Mitzi with Popeye, but I'm afraid I will not disturb my boy's resting place. How about we pick out another special spot for Mitzi and we can create something just for him/her".
That way you show you are prepared to meet her half way. Don't let her blackmail you emotionally. Be firm. If she wants to have a hissy, let her.

Good luck - and I love the sound of Popeye's spot.

Sally with Rolph and Clara, UK

This email has been scanned for viruses and other threats
using Newsquest's Ironport email filters

This e-mail, including any attachment, is private and
confidential.
It should not be read, copied, disclosed or otherwise used by
any person other than the intended recipient(s).
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender immediately.
Newsquest reserves the right to monitor e-mails in
accordance with the Telecommunications (Lawful Business
Practice)
(Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000.

Newsquest Media Group Limited.
Registered in England, number 3105111 .  Registered office:
58 Church Street, Weybridge, Surrey KT13 8DP