[Dailydrool] Dremmel an alternate opinion

Reed & Becky Pomeroy rebec at execpc.com
Sun Jul 6 09:55:17 PDT 2008

While I certainly do not doubt that Sandi's experience with her Dremmel is
valid, my own experience has been the opposite.  I started using the stone
and got nowhere.  it took forever to do a nail.  I switched to the sanding
drum with coarse sandpaper sleeve and it worked great!  It goes through the
worse nail like a hot knife through butter.  I need to be careful when I
start a new sanding sleeve not to grind so fast I hit the quick!

I have recently been instructing a friend on the use of the dremmel.  For
years she was afraid of it, or, rather, she convinced herself her basset was
afraid of it.  Now that she is showing several young bassets, she needs to
do a good job of keeping nails short, so her handler insisted on dremmeling.
I showed her how to do it several times, and she has the general knack of
it, but the last time I helped with the bassets she showed me how she does
it.  She has all the moves down right, but she was applying no pressure to
the tool, so it took almost no nail off.  Subsequently she was getting very
little return for her efforts.  I showed her how to apply more pressure when
dremmeling to be more effective and hopefully the problem will be solved and
I won't need to do all 6 of her bassets' nails next time I visit.

So, there may be more than one solution to nails that are "too tough for the
dremmel."

crazy basset lady
MAKE DROOL NOT WAR!

Please visit these websites: