[Dailydrool] My cowboy is riding horses in heaven

Cathi Cox coxcathi at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 6 15:48:30 PDT 2008

My beloved Gaylon is once again riding horses, his life and his love. He was a true cowboy in the very essence of the word. He lived and breathed the cowboy ways.
I want to thank each and every one that has sent cards and private emails. I have answered most every email I have received to date. Your kind and caring words mean more than you will ever know.
I am so blessed and have been for the last 10 years to be a member of this "family" called the Daily Drool.
Thank you Nancy Gallagher for starting this wonderful list that has developed into such an important part of many, many lives.

In memory of my  beloved Gaylon.

  Cowboy In Heaven
 by John Walsh © 2005

 At the gates I met Saint Peter, but the gates were swinging doors
 Inside the room looked like a old saloon, with sawdust on the floor
 Through the air played country music, I could hear my favorite song
 Everyone I've ever loved and lost, was inside and sang along
 I turned and looked at Peter, I said I just don't understand
 He smiled at me so gently, than he reached out for my hand
 He welcomed me to heaven; said your faith is what you see
 This will be your new forever, then the angels sang to me

 You're a cowboy in heaven; that's the way it's meant to be
 You're a cowboy in heaven; go and see your family
 Your life began the day you died; now giddy up and get inside
 You're a cowboy in heaven; it's time to meet your destiny

 As I walked in through those swinging doors, my heart was beating fast
 Reminders every where's I looked, of the life that now has past
 The life I lived, was the life I loved, where the Lord had assured every need
 My hat and my horse, my boots and of course, the Good Book that I took time to read
 Everyone inside had died, yet today they all are livin
 Singing songs and carrying on, like their sins have been forgiven
 I turned back to look for Peter, he just smiled again and waived
 Right then I knew, God's promise was true, and the life that I loved had been saved

 I'm a cowboy in heaven; like I always prayed to be
 I'm a cowboy in heaven; still in awe at all I see
 My life began the day I died, cause now here on the other side
 I'm a cowboy in heaven; but why would God do this for me

 The whole place got real quiet, until I heard somebody say
 The spirit is upon us; let us all join hands and pray
 Than suddenly in front of me, a vision has appeared
 A man I'd never met before, in a robe, and with a beard
 He told me He'd been watching, what a good job I had done
 He put His arms around me, and He said "I Love You Son"
 I've never felt such joy before, complete and utter bliss
 I knew that I was home for sure, when Jesus told me this

 You're a cowboy in heaven; that is what I chose for thee
 You're a cowboy in heaven; where your soul is now set free
 Your life began the day you died, and you'll walk along My side
 You're a cowboy in heaven; because you believed in ME
 You're a cowboy in heaven; because you believed in ME

  Cathi, Sam B. Sad, Buddy (ATB), Angel Marie, Boudreaux and all the wannabes a.k.a. The Waterway Gang