[Dailydrool] Flat Basset

bassetslave at comcast.net bassetslave at comcast.net
Tue Jul 8 17:03:55 PDT 2008

I have  friend who has a basset about 1 or 2 yrs old.. we don't know how
long the basset has been on the streets fending for him/her self.. but
whenever my friend takes her baby for a walk.. the basset just wants to keep
going and going, wants to play with other dogs, can not go off leash.. bolts
from her.. and if her basset youngen doesn't get his/her own way... flat
bassets and blows air out of his/her huffers (sides of the mouth).. and acts
like he/she is dying.. and my friend can't get him/her up again.. and people
gather around thinking the basset is ill or she is meaning mean to her
furbaby..  she takes plenty of water and treats.. but he/she gets a drink or
takes a treat and right back down to flat basset.

what advice can I give her???  she can't lift and carry her basset home..

Hehehehe. How long ya been droolin?
1. Bring cell phone for basset taxi home. See: In re: Senior Pwincess Annie
2. Buy wagon. Preferably with lots of cushions in place. See: feyfey ads. Jeremy the Unkind Waddle Boss,  Michigan Waddle 1999, followed In re: Assault by Water Pistol. Michigan Waddle 2000.
3. Contemplate hound for PIT. Status. Has entire neighborhood thinking she is dying because she is asked to go for a walk and/or getting inadequate treats. Application received and pawarded to Pw. Miss Brandy for further consideration. Please provide name and address of houndage.
Cakie
...I was just thinkin...DUH! Nudgie