[Dailydrool] Food Comparison

Jane & Marty Hay jhay at nc.rr.com
Mon Jul 14 13:35:42 PDT 2008

BlankHi All! I recently went on a search to find a comparison of the different commercial foods and found the following website: http://www.doberdogs.com/menu.html .
It's actually a Doberman site but it has some great comparisons of the different commercial foods. I'm in the process of switching the Houndettes over to Innova from Iams and they are doing great. My reason for opting for Innova was the higher protein content and the fact that it doesn't have wheat or corn in it. I had tried to switch to Nature's Recipe in the past and my Suzy ended up with ferocious diarrhea even though I did the switch very gradually. I've been mixing the two foods for two weeks now and, so far, no one has had a problem. If anyone uses Innova or has a suggestion for a better food please let the rest of us know how your hounds are doing on it. Trying to find a good quality commercial food isn't as easy as you would think once you really start reading the ingredients!

I'm going to ask for a little drool for my Jersey. She will be having a mammary tumor removed on Wednesday. We're determined that it's going to be benign but I know that some drool from all of you will certainly help her chances.

Thanks!

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow & Suzy