[Dailydrool] [Fwd: FLAT BASSET CONVERSATION...again....]

henrystanton111 at verizon.net henrystanton111 at verizon.net
Tue Jul 15 15:30:12 PDT 2008

=====================
From: henrystanton111 at verizon.net
Date: 2008/07/14 Mon AM 07:56:22 CDT
To: dailydrool at dailydrool.org
Subject: FLAT BASSET CONVERSATION...again....

Daily Drool

I'm really interested in more conversations about "FLAT" bassets. I have had five basset hounds and now have a hound, Chloe, who will only walk a bit and 'goes down'...my vet has checked her for arthritis (she's only 3 years old) and she's OK, did blood work on her (A-OK); so now we're thinking her issues may be 'behavorial'....we've had to even carry her home on occasion.  My other hound, Rocky, walks jusst fine....I've never had a basset that did this and was amazed when I read about "FLAT" bassets.......my Vet said he knows bassets are stubborn, but has never heard of the term "flat" bassets before...can someone offer more insight into this phenomenon?

thank you so much
Barbara Fleming

Barbara & Hank Fleming