[Dailydrool] Innova Dog Food

Gbounders at aol.com Gbounders at aol.com
Wed Jul 16 12:04:55 PDT 2008

Jane,
We switched our dogs...Rudy the Basset and Ivy the 11 1/2 yr old  Golden...to
Innova about 4 months ago.  I am firmly convinced it has  made a big
difference in their health.  Months ago I wrote asking for  Drooler's help and
suggestions about Rudy's front leg situation.  It is  hard to really tell what has
helped but there is a definite improvement.   It is odd how we switched to
Innova from Iams.  We were in the store  checking out foods planning a switch when
a woman came down the row with her  Golden named Henry.  Henry was the same
age as Ivy and looked so much  better.  I asked her what she fed him.  She lead
me to the Innova and  said she started Henry on it when her Vet told her it
was the food they used at  Michigan State Veterinary School especially for the
cancer patients.  (I  have no proof of this but took her on her word)  She also
adds chicken  broth and yogurt.  Ivy recently had a big surgery on two masses
that she  had above her shoulder low on the neck.  They started bleeding and
smelled  terrible.  Having managed a surgeon's office I recognized the odor
and  situation right away.  Previous to this the Vet was reluctant to operated
on the growths because Ivy was 11 1/2 and had recently had several  strokes.
The drainage put us in a no choice position.  Two weeks ago  Monday Ivy had
the surgery.  She came through it perfectly and we were able  to bring her home
that night! The incision was 5" long.  The sutures were  removed this past
Monday.  The incision is well healed and looks  great.  I really feel the Innova
prepared her for this and has made a big  difference in her over all health.
We also give them Innova Health Bar for  treats.  I know that this information
is not a scientific study and should  be viewed that way but we are really
sold on the product.  I switched the  kids over to it slowly and they had no
side effects at all.  I may be  making more of it than I should but Rudy's ears
are staying cleaner and there is  no anal gland situation.  I wish I knew the
woman's name who recommended  Innova.  I feel she helped prepare Ivy for the
surgery and probably  extended her life.  I owe her a big thank you!!!  As an
after thought,  we also switched our 4 cats to the Innova food and have seen
major improvements  there too.  No hairball's!!!!!!  2 of the girls are Siamese
and 1 is a  long haired gal....no hairball's or gaking up since switching!
Works for  me.  Hope this helps Jane.

Iris, the Tecumseh Mom slave to husband, Dick, Rudy the Basset, Ivy the
Golden, and the 4 rescue cat girls