[Dailydrool] Dailydrool Digest, Vol 15, Issue 13

Bill1fan at aol.com Bill1fan at aol.com
Wed Jul 16 16:52:57 PDT 2008

In a message dated 7/16/2008 6:36:58 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
dailydrool-request at dailydrool.org writes:

Subject:  [Dailydrool] bringing home basset

Well Mandy, first thing you should do is make sure all food items are  at
least 6 feet off the ground or in locked cupboards. Bassets will steal food  from
places you are just sure they can't get too.
If you are bringing home a young basset then you should have lots of things
for it to chew on or else your shoes are history.  He may still decide he
likes your shoes better and then you just learn to shop at Payless.
Having a young basset is like having a toddler in the house. They will put
everything in their mouths and just as you retrieve one item they  will be
grabbing another.  Let me tell you...prying the mouth of a  basset has to be akin
to that of an alligator.
The hardest part of owning a basset is no matter what they do...how bad it
is....they will look up with you with those sad brown eyes and all is
forgiven.  That is why they are hard to train. ;-)
Have fun with your new basset buddy and I hope you will introduce him to  the
drool.
Renee

I am for  animal rights and I am not PETA