[Dailydrool] Canidae dog food discussion

jkapanowski at wowway.com jkapanowski at wowway.com
Thu Jul 17 07:02:43 PDT 2008

Thank you for the info.  I have to confess to a knee-jerk reaction when I
read that Candidae has contracted with Diamond to manufacture their food.
Diamond had a huge recall in December 2005 because of aflatoxin. A lot of
dogs died.  Hopefully Diamond has revamped their testing parameters and keeps
a good eye on their manufacturing processes.  I switched Twinkie from Solid
Gold to Merrick after reading that Diamond manufactures Solid Gold foods.

DIAMOND
Manufactures dry foods
Diamond Pet Foods
PO Box 156
Meta, MO 65058
800-442-0402
Locations: Gaston, SC; Latrop, CA; Lubbock, TX; Meta, MO; Palm Coast, FL
Foods manufactured:
Artemis
Kirkland Signature Brand Pet Food
Natural Balance
Solid Gold Health Food for Pets

Interestingly, the list at the link I've provided below above says nothing
about Diamond manufacturing Candidae, but if its a recent change, the listing
may not have been updated.  Seriously, my intent is not to scare anyone, but
I found it something to consider with my dog.  To see who manufactures your
brand of food, there's a pretty good list here:
http://thepetfoodlist.com/manufacturers.htm

Janet 'n Twinkie