[Dailydrool] Canidae dog food discussion

R Groves dd-post at thegroves.net
Thu Jul 17 09:04:13 PDT 2008

I've had the same kind of reactions..

and what bothers me is that they say there is no way for contamination
between runs..

but experience tells me different.. the current food I use (which I'm in
process of switching to Kirklands' lamb & rice) ... is all one color one
shape one size ... I've not had any other brands of dogfood in my possession
for more than a year ... yet I've cupped out pieces that were red, pieces of
other shades, shapes, sizes, etc... like bone shapes that some other brands
of dog foods have in their bags..

so if I see odd pieces of kibble like that... even if less than 20 pieces ..
it still tells me some form of contamination can and will happen.. it really
bothers me that they (manufacturers and brand makers) won't admit to it.

how much it might take to make any individual hound ill is beside the
point.. just the fact that it happens and they don't seem to admit that it
happens.. :(

-Robert