[Dailydrool] Puppy is excited and wetting himself/ and training recomendations

J gr zoogle24 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 09:28:05 PDT 2008

I just adopted a puppy this past week.  Lucy is eight months old and
was surrendered due to "family reasons".  She is adjusting well to her
new home.  The one problem is that when we come back from work or even
the store, she gets so excited that she wets herself.  We are really
working on reassuring her and getting her to calm down.  The vet
suggested we give her melatonin to help her transition.  We have given
her 1.5 mg for the past day and she is calmer but still wetting
herself.

I have thought about greeting her only in the backyard, but this would
not fix the problem.  Does anyone have any advice.

She had different rules in her other home and we are trying to teach
her our rules.  She really needs to work on leash training.  I've
learned that she is Are there any good puppy training classes in
Seattle area or should I just go with some place like petco?

Should I reward her with treats for good behavior?  I was just trying
to praise her, because I don't want to have any issues with weight.

Thanks,
Jodi
(first time basset owner)