[Dailydrool] Cookie: exciting news - at least for me!!!

Heather Collins titaniummom at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 09:52:59 PDT 2008

Okay, I just had to post this because I'm so excited.  This was a BIG
morning for Cookie!  Two things happened.  First, if you looked at the
MS Bassets homecoming page you probably saw how big Cookie is.  We
thought it would be 10 pounds or more before we would see her able to
lift herself up.  This dog has a hard time just doing the one step in
and out the back door to go potty.  She's gotten better at it, but if
she's tired she goes slow because there is so much of her.  Well, this
morning, the girl got herself up on our couch!  Previously, she just
laid on the mat at the backdoor.  This is a nice mat, almost like a
really think carpet runner.  She claimed it as hers no matter how much
I tried to get her to use the dog bed.  Even the couch would have been
fine but we didn't show her that as we didn't think she could get on
there!!  Well, now that she has, I think she staked her claim.  I also
think she probably surprised even herself as now she doesn't want to
get off.  HAHAHA

Second, Cookie AROOOOOOHED!!!!  Now, I heard her do it ONE TIME on the
day we brought her home, and it was VERY short.  Just a little arooh
to let us know she was happy I think.  This morning, I heard this
amazing long aroohoohhh, then again, and again.  I rushed to the back
door thinking it was Ruby but it sounded different and I wanted to
make sure everything was alright.  No, it was my Cookie!!  Arooohing
good morning to the whole neighborhood.  tons of times.  It was music
to my ears!  I was so excited.

Here's the link to the "couch time" pictures.

http://web.mac.com/heathercollins/Collins_Family/Cookies_Morning.html

enjoy!

~Heather