[Dailydrool] Barkwork e-mail error

Basset Artist barkwork at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 10:40:16 PDT 2008

Well... the paws weren't quite hitting the keyboard correctly when I posted
about the Barkwork * Senior Droolers Are Cooler" kids art exhibition. My
apologies. Verizon got finicky with the original e-mail, so we now have a
gmail account at barkwork at gmail.com. SO anyone with bored kids who'd like to
immortalize a HOP hound, please JOIN THE FUN!!

We love to see the masterpieces created by our youngest *Droolers*... if you
missed the announcement, here it is again -- with the CORRECT e-mail.

Help us show the world that SENIOR DROOLERS ARE COOLER!

Have a child who loves drawing--especially drawing dogs? Want to help the
senior hounds of HOP (House of Puddles) AND have your budding artist's
masterpiece displayed in an online charity art exhibit?

We are seeking kids under age 17 to create pup-portraits of the House of
Puddles bassets. Kids are free to choose the HOPper they wish to draw as
well as the medium they prefer to work in (crayon, marker, paint, colored
pencils…). Each original will be displayed in our online *Barkwork* gallery.
Only one entry per child please.

HOW DOES IT WORK?
1. Just visit the HOP Houndie Pages at
http://houseofpuddles.org/HoundiePages.htm and have your kids select the HOP
hound they'd like to draw. Remember, if you click on the name, there are
more inspirational photos to spark the imagination.

2. Please e-mail us at barkwork at gmail.com with the name of your child, their
age and which HOP pup they have chosen to draw (so we can keep track and
know how many wonderful artworks to expect).

3. Please use standard 8.5 x 11 paper or card stock since we will be
scanning these treasures, and each masterpiece needs to fit atop a standard
scanner.

4. When finished, please package each masterpiece carefully. Place a clean
sheet of paper on either side and sandwich it between cardboard so it is not
creased in transit.

5. Be sure to include a note with each artwork indicating the artist's name,
age and address and the name of the HOP dog they've immortalized (please
avoid writing on the back of the artwork itself since the impression and
lettering can sometimes bleed through to the front – and we don't want
anything spoiling these wonderful pup-portraits!). Only one entry per child
please – so we can showcase as many kids' art as pawsible.

6. Send to: Barkwork, 228 North St NE, Leesburg VA 20176 – to arrive no
later than July 31.

7. Important note: All submissions become the property of HOP and will be
raffled to benefit the rescue. Some designs may be used by Marilyn for fun
notecards or other promotional purposes, and by donating the artwork you are
granting permission for these uses.

8. Join us for an online gallery opening on Friday, August 1, and see each
child's unique creation on display! All kids will receive a special Artist's
Certificate for their contribution.

Ticket information and online exhibit links will follow!