[Dailydrool] protein content and weight loss

Valerie and John Epps eppsval26 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 18 20:54:32 PDT 2008

I found that post very interesting.  I have been feeding Wellness for a long time.  Overall, I think it's the best food and I've tried them all.  I switched Penny to the Wellness reduced calorie version because she's overweight.  I have been feeding her that for a few months only to find that she gained 3 more pounds!  I've always fed a high protein diet to avoid/reduce Pano but maybe the high protein is contributing to Penny's weight gain?  I think switching to a low protein version may be the solution that I've been searching for?  Has anyone else found a link between high protein and weight gain?

Valerie Epps
  http://www.myspace.com/runwaybassethounds
  Member of Concerned Dog Owners of CA, a group dedicated to preserving dog owners rights CDOC-ACTION
  Find out how you can help homeless hounds in the Central Valley at:  www.bassetcentral.org