[Dailydrool] Moist/loose poop

Karen Cannon klcannon at telus.net
Fri Jul 18 23:35:02 PDT 2008

Hi to Lilie's Momslave:

Awhile ago you posted something on the Daily Drool about your basset having at least one moist poop a day, with the other poops being regular or solid.

Our 6 month old girl buppy (Lucie) is a poop-eater (her own) but also starts out the day with a solid poop and has during the day - one moist or loose one.  She will eat both kinds - not being choosy - yechh...

Have you solved your dog's problem of the loose poop?  Is it food-related? or is she lacking a digestive enzyme?

We are trying to fix two problems and it's kind of frustrating.  The vet currently has her on Medi-Cal Gastro for the diarhhea she had earlier when eating Kirkland Puppy Food and Innova puppy + various different organic treats.
We are introducing her to Medi-Cal Development (puppy) food.  Her poops have improved so that she is down to only one loose poop a day.

I would rather not feed her Medi-Cal since it has corn in it.  But until her poops become more solid, we can't change.

Karen (Momslave to Lucie - Devil Dog)