[Dailydrool] drool for Duncan

Don & Jan Cook dnjcook at telus.net
Sat Jul 19 19:02:13 PDT 2008

I think your drooly thoughts must be helping my Bldhnd boy. I talked to
the vet tonite and Duncan is sitting up long enough to eat a bit, and
more importantly, take his pills with his food! Not drinking yet.
His fever is gone as well, so maybe when the pills really take effect,
he will snap back.
To make this Basset related, Stuart was moping around this AM because
he isn't used to being without his buddy. I gave him a special chewie
as a treat. He took it out on the deck and just left it there. Now
we're talking about a Basset that is like a hoover around food!
After I talked with the vet tonite, I didn't say anything to Stuart,
but out on the deck he went, and started chewing on his treat!
It must be my tone of voice that he is keyed into.
Now he is sleeping contentedly, not following me around and looking at
me, as he was doing all day.
Interesting.
Thanks for your drools,
Jan