[Dailydrool] derooed basset

Nancy Kirby dngjk at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 04:32:47 PDT 2008

I to just added another basset to our pack  so that makes 5 bassets 1 saint and 1 dal mix 1 husky lab mix...yes i am crazy.

I work at city hall and I heard a call over the radio that there was a beagle on the side of the road  looking like it had a broken leg...that afternoon it turned into a basset, a very bassety basset (gotta love our animal control officer)  It wasn't a broken leg...turns out the poor guy has been wondering around with a severe 3 week old burn on the elbow area of this front leg.  the wound was already healing but was infected.  so after a visit to the vet and some antibiotics  guess who offers to take the poor guy in so he can heal in a clean enviorment ?   you guessed it    ME

well after getting him home I cleaned him up  de fleaed and deticked him  then introduced him to the pack one by one.  upon hearing all the bassets roooing he tried to join in and all the came out the a very whispery barking sound like he had laryngitis   poor baby....hes been derooed.  I only hope  it was done by a vet and not by a miller(hes an intact male)
that was 2 weeks ago.  he hasn't tried to roo since.

that all being said..this sweet guy is the most laid back easy going hound I have ever seen.  so sweet and laid back that my husband said    "I sure hope they don't find the owner"....this from a man who keeps saying " one more dog and Im leaving"   so I guess hes ours...his name is Oliver.....so welcome Oliver Basset to the drool.

Nancy, Hannah hound, Sadie basset, Moosey, rudy patootie, and Oliver (the bassets)
   tobias (lab husky mix) and good dog(dal mix)
all of Seneca Missouri