[Dailydrool] Automatic Car Doors and Dogs

Kahuna and Friends surferdogs at comcast.net
Sun Jul 27 11:28:47 PDT 2008

I love my automatic doors on my Toyota Sienna, but if you don't like them,
there are controls to disable the automatic feature. Yes, I do on occasion
hit the wrong button and open the opposite door, but since I never open the
door until I am standing there ready to get the passengers out, they are
waiting on my side and I can get the door shut before anyone escapes. They
are also very good at waiting for me to get them ready and out - they don't
jump out on their own.

Don't decide against a van for this reason. Just turn off the doors, or have
you mechanic disable them if you really hate them and don't trust the
control.

Synthia et al

The man who regards his own life and that of his fellow creatures as meaningless is not merely unfortunate but almost disqualified for life. ~Albert Einstein