[Dailydrool] Adopting a dog across rescue catchment areas

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 30 15:03:01 PDT 2008

I just read Carol's post. Carol, I don't know where you or your neighbor live, or what the area rescue's adoption rules are, but it seems to me that if there are no dogs available at your local rescue which meet your neighbor's wishes, and your neighbor has already been passed as a good adoptive home, maybe your local rescue could cooperate with another rescue to place an out-of-catchment-area basset with your neighbor. I am thinking of the post in the past week on the Drool from the Alabama rescue which suggested that there are literally dozens of surplus bassets in Alabama in desperate need of homes.  It breaks my heart that some areas have so many hounds in dire need, and other areas go wanting for hounds. Surely there is some way to make a connection.