[Dailydrool] harness

Cheryl Stafford cherylstafford at cox.net
Mon Jun 9 15:16:46 PDT 2008

Radar (1 year old) pulls terribly when he goes for a walk.  So we tried
a normal harness but that just increased his pulling.  We put him on a
Gentle Leader head halter and that just broke his spirit.  He hated
walking with it on and people would stop us and ask if he wore it
because he bites.  Now he is on the Gentle Leader harness and it is
great.  Due to the uniqueness of the Basset body he has to wear it with
the belly strap on his back and the back strap on his belly but at least
it works.  He is happy now when he is on a walk and we are happy because
our arms aren't sore.
Cheryl