[Dailydrool] CBHR 50-50 Raffle Kick Off!

Debbie Malta dmalta at nc.rr.com
Mon Jun 9 14:26:50 PDT 2008

Hi again!

CBHR has just opened ticket sales for this year's 50-50 raffle! The winning ticket will be drawn at our Waddle dinner on December 6, and the ticket holder will win 50% of the money raised. Last year was the first year we tried this type of raffle, and we raised just under $3500. We're hoping to bump that up a bit this year!

Tickets can be purchased in our online store from now until Dec 5. I will start posting the total raised on our website as soon as we start selling a few tickets. This is a fun way to help the hounds, and it may just put a little extra money in your pocket for the holidays!

Like many other groups, this has been a tough year for CBHR due to the slow economy. Dogs have been pouring in, donations and store sales are way down, and adoptions are slow. We've spent over $45,000 in vet bills so far, and it's only June. You probably figured out by now that I'm CBHR's fundraising coordinator, so that's why you've been hearing from me so much lately. I hope I'm not wearing everybody out!

Thanks so much for all of your support, we really appreciate it!

Debbie & CBHR hounds, Zoe & Sullie and foster Hope