[Dailydrool] Wyatt...

Georgie Pesaruk pesaruks at telusplanet.net
Fri Jun 13 16:57:24 PDT 2008

Hi Steve,

I read your message and teared up, even though we have never met I
could feel your sadness.

I had no idea what it meant to have to take your best friend to the
bridge until our sweet girl Daisy developed an aggressive tumor, and
like yourself, I was devastated.  My dad, an old British soldier and
a dog lover exraordinairre, was one of the few who understood our
pain.  He told me that as our best-friend's "people" we have the
power to give our hound friends the gift to relieve their suffering,
while with our dear human friends we stand by, helpless. I took that
to heart and my husband and I held sweet old Daisy and whispered our
love and gratitude into her ears as she crossed over.  I know you
will take care of Wyatt in the way that all of us that love our
hounds eventually have to do.  We too were faced with an "elderly"
hound and had to consider quality vs. quantity of life.  Wyatt knows
how much you love him and no matter what, he will always live on in
your hearts and in the stories you will tell.  Our thoughts are with
you and your family at a time when such a difficult decision has to
be made.  Much compassionate drool to you all.

Georgie and Jeff, Little Lilly and Big Bette
Bassets in the Valley
Alberta, Canada