[Dailydrool] NAILS!

dpmcquade at juno.com dpmcquade at juno.com
Sat Jun 28 09:03:27 PDT 2008

When it comes time to have her nails done, our Jane acts as if murder is about to be done. Nothing can stop her, and no one can hold her. The last time we took her to the groomer, she ended up with blood everywhere. The groomer told us to take her to the vet next time.

We went to the vet's and somehow she managed to do the nails--once. The last time we took Jane for a nail trim, the vet had to sedate her. Even with the drug, Jane was a live wire. She bit her tongue, and again blood was all over.

The only thing I have known to calm Jane is the tramadol used when they had to take the foreign object out of her stomach. So it's not a tranquilizer, but I'm thinking of asking the vet to let me give her some the next time we need to do nails. In a couple of hours, I doubt Jane will care what's done to her.

Bel objects to having nails done, but as long as he's muzzled, a groomer can do it without too much trouble.

Abner loves having a spa day and is wonderful for the groomer. Just don't let me try to do anything to him!
Pam, with Drew, food slave to the Dashing Bassets