[Dailydrool] the BROOD Monsoon Ramble

Elizabeth Kielley ekielley at messiah.edu
Mon Jun 2 10:26:01 PDT 2008

It rained (a downpour!) - I was muddy - I was missing volunteers - I was
stressed - and yet I had a good time.  You know why??  Everyone around me
was in a good mood, anyone I grabbed at the last minute to fill in spots
willingly helped me, several people stayed to the end to help, and no one
made me feel like this was a disaster.  Thank you to all those who braved
the rain to come.  I was encouraged by those around me and we "rambled" on
with what we could do under the tents.  I am again reminded how wonderful
basset people are and what we can do for those funny hounds we love so much.
 I hope everyone who came had a good time and even though we didn't make as
much as last year, we did raise money for the hounds.  Though if you want a
great basset beach chair or basset umbrella, we may be able to sell you one
(or two or three).  I saw a lot of new people and I hope they want to come
back to our next event.  Thank you Auntie Dawn/Cakie and Auntie Susan and
Auntie Moosebarb for your Ramble reports.  Next year - NO RAIN!
Liz Kielley
BROOD Ramble 2008 Coordinator and proud mom to Buford, Ma Barker, Dulcie
and Maggie (who was able to come to the Ramble)

P.S.  Bob from Fido's Firiend, where we held the Ramble, would love for us
to come back so if you liked the location, please let us know.  Fido's
Friend is also open every day if you just want to bring your hound out to
run in a large securely fenced in area, or hike the farm, or use the agility
or lure course.