[Dailydrool] lost , biting and trying to outsmart a basset and stealing food

Georgie and Miss Becky sauble at shaw.ca
Wed Jun 4 09:58:03 PDT 2008

Lost cream - drool for her - if she was a basset she'd still be making time.
drool
And biting - well this is about Apollo the Airedale and Dazey the basset. I might
have posted this before but one day I decided to stay home and clean rugs.
Mailman was picking up mail in his box and the Airedale ran out and so did Dazey
Appolo bit the postman and when he complained I said 'where' Leave that one.
I got the fastest mail delivery I ever had a registered letter saying no mail would
be delivered - then a visit from animal control cuz my son said he didn't need
a license. Then a summons to appear in court . All in one day - I never did get
rrugs cleaned. Also appollo had bit mailman on hip and there was a small nip below which
I suspect was Dazey but the Airedale took the rap.

So I also had to apologize profusely (almost beg) for the mail to be reinstated.
Then the court case - when I get nervous my voice goes. The crown attorney was
speiling off about this mad dog that almost tore mailman apart then said 'oops wrong dog'.
No wonder I lost my voice for a few minutes.

Obviously the judge liked Airedales cuz I got a 75 dollar fine and of course a license.

And down east Sleepy a beagle/collie cross who wouldn't bite a flea but a animal guy
yes.  One son saw an animal control trying to push Sleepy into the pound truck. He
rescued her on the spot cuz she was not being cooperative.

\Now everyone knows you just can't outsmart a basset - they get you every time.
TThank heavens we have such compassionate animal lovers and their jobs

Georgie and Miss Becky