[Dailydrool] Fritz and Eating

Sandi Wittenberg sandi at redbaybassets.com
Thu Jun 5 08:59:06 PDT 2008

My boys also love canned tuna.  Of course, the all time favorite is chicken
stew (chicken, rice, green beans and carrots).

Another idea is "satin balls".  We have used them for very sick dogs.

SATIN BALLS

10 lbs of cheap hamburger meat

1 lg box Total(tm) cereal1

1 lg box uncooked oatmeal

15 oz jar of wheat germ

10 eggs

10 small pkgs knox unflavored geletin2

1 1/4 cup vegetable oil

1 1/4 cup unflavored molasses

pinch of salt

1. Mix all ingredients together in large (or larger) bowl.

2. Place in freezer bags, appox 1 lb per bag.

3. Place in freezer, thaw as needed.

4. Feed raw.

Just pinch off the amount you want to feed and roll into a ball.

Place on top of regular food.

This recipe is good for putting weight on a dog. Be careful though, it will

put weight on the dog in a matter of a few days. A

lot of weight in a matter of a few weeks!

Sandi Wittenberg - Red Bay Bassets

sandi at redbaybassets.com