[Dailydrool] Dailydrool Digest, Vol 9, Issue 10

nhess1 nhess1 at cox.net
Thu Jun 5 09:05:36 PDT 2008

Hi from rainy, windy, humid Omaha.  So far - so good - we have not been
blown away by a tornado.  I just wanted to agree with Becky Pomeroy about
not working for the Post Office if you are afraid of dogs.  We had a
hysterical thing happen around Mother's Day.  My daughter in Texas sent a
box for Mother's Day and some stuff for her four legged siblings.  The mail
man brought the box to the door and, of course, Stan and Maude welcomed him
with huge barks and aroos, just ilke they always welcome everyone who rings
the bell.  When I answered the door he told me to not open the door, he
would put the box on the porch and he literally RAN to the mail truck with
his little feet barely hitting the driveway.  Hubby and I laughed
hysterically at ANYONE who would find the wagging white tips threatening.
Not so funny the next day when someone from the Post Office comes to our
door and tells us that we will no longer get package delivery unless we
control our VICIOUS dogs (who at that time were snoozing in the back yard0.
I told him we did not have vicious dogs but we DID have two bassets.  He
looked over the fence into the back yard, the looked up and wagged, and he
laughed and said the new mailman had reported that we had two GIANT
dachshunds and agreed that they were not too ferocious.  Needless to say,
they replaced the mailman and put  him on another route and the one we have
now brings dog treats when he has to come to the door or every now and then
leaves them in the mailbox.

Nancy Hess and the giant Doxies, Stan and Maude (better known as the Husker
Bassets)