[Dailydrool] activity cysts

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 13:16:47 PDT 2008

I am not sure but I think what has happened is that some of the space around
or near the surgical site has filled with serum. This can happen whether the
dog is active or not. I can be a reaction to the suture material, as well.
Time usually causes the serum to resorb,altho warm compresses will speed the
process UNLESS your dog hates it and wiggles and squirms and carries on as
if you are holding red-hot coals on him (does this by any chance sound like
the voice of experience?) or spends all his time chewing your hand and the
compress. I have never heard it called an activity cyst which to me sounds
much more ominous than "Oh it's a little pocket of serum.." I know a Belgian
(not mine) who ended up with scrotal sacs the size of grapefruits and he was
crated following his neutering and not allowed any activity other than a pee
break.

Sometimes, you know, s*** just happens.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis (oooo what a big bubble where my nebberminds
were!!!) Zelda, Mitchell and Cooper