[Dailydrool] new puppy/Colorado

Suzabells at aol.com Suzabells at aol.com
Fri Jun 6 13:33:31 PDT 2008

Dear folks,
i have no idea if this will make it to the posting place i have been
directed to but i will give it a try. i have a 4month old female Bassett..Daisy,  of
course, and for the most part we get along just fine.

she has bouts of barking for no apparent reason so finding scolding did
nothing at all,i now sit down, pick her up, hold her tight and pet her, talking
in a whisper. she calms down immediately.

if she is on a nutsy rant,racing around and around and is sassy on top of  it
i simply put her in her nice kennel that has blankets and pillows and she
takes a nap, waking up far more saner.

i have to watch her like a hawk in the house because she obviously is
lacking in a connector part of her brain between piddling and going to the door.
she doesnt even think of it, she just walks along and suddenly stops and
piddles. so now her time in the house is limited, she has a great shady grassy  back
yard with toys, a great dog house with a shingled roof and pillows/blankets
in there as well and she plays with her toys rather well.

and then there is the biting with sharp razor teeth. she is getting better,
i cant wait til her teeth fall out and are replaced with at least duller ones
than the baby teeth but suspect she may have a continuing problem of wanting
to  entertain herself with our flesh and blood. i now make her clean off the
wound  herself and she is apologetic as she licks the blood off my hand. good!
i also  holler " OW" when she knicks my skin for the upteenth time and dont
know if that  is working or not.

so ..what is up with all the books on ' train your Bassett perfectly in 15
days!  just buy my book for ...$50 or so and  you will learn my  secrets".  i
dont have $50 or any amount to spend on books so am hoping you  folks will help
me learn how to have this perfect dog in two week's time.

however, having read all your posts today, i somehow doubt this is going to
happen.  thank you for reading this. i appreciate all help i can get. Suzan
Pulsifer, Pueblo West, CO _Suzabells at aol.com_ (mailto:Suzabells at aol.com)  or
Sues2330 on the chat  room area.

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.