[Dailydrool] Back problems

Cheryl Medlin tmedlin at triad.rr.com
Sat Jun 7 13:12:10 PDT 2008

I haven't had experience with spurs, but my Basset adjusted very well to giving up the couch and my bed where he slept at my feet for years. He had a spinal injury, or rather a bulging disc that caused him to go down and he had to learn to walk again. I think he most hates that I won't leave him out alone to explore the back yard. He is 11.5 now. He knows he can't climb. I think he remembers the pain he went through for about 8 weeks of my rehabbing him. He finds other forbidden things he still can manage like the trash in the kitchen cabinet when I forget to block the door. He still has a slow time getting up and down due to hip discomfort. He has a good life though as king of the house.